Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A card to share.

I recently received a card from a client that I wanted to share. I will not disclose the client's name for privacy reasons, though will share some of the background facts. This particular client was involved in a car wreck that required a neck fusion surgery to address her symptoms. Because she had a similar surgery ten years prior, the insurance company tried to blame all of her symptoms on the prior surgery, and not accept the fact that the car accident caused the new symptoms and need for surgery. Apparently, it did not matter that the prior surgery was a success, as she had been symptom free for ten years.

In any case, we filed the claim with court, proceeded through several depositions, two mediations, and finally, just two weeks before trial, received a settlement offer. We negotiated back and forth, and finally settled the case for a reasonable sum. Shortly after things were wrapped up, I received a bottle of wine and a card written as follows:

"Dear Tim,
Just a small token of my appreciation for all the care and hard work you put into my case. Your honesty and integrity was greatly appreciated. You made me feel as important as any "big money" client. As my son & granddaughter say..."You rock." :o) I will always remember you and your family when I talk to the Lord. God Bless."

Needless to say, I was tickled pink. I've had many happy clients over the years, and have received several cards to boot. Indeed, one very sweet elderly client sent me no less than six Harry & David gift boxes! However, this card is one of my favorites.

-Tim Williams

No comments: